copyright 1998 dave petko

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BUSY BUSY BUSY

these last couple weeks have been SO very busy for me...
-first off was getting everything ready for the State of the Art exhibit in Whistler, BC on April 15th.  WHat a night,  what a gala opening.     a bunch of artists in attendance and drinks were flowing,  a bunch of artworks sold.
-the very next night was the Toad Hall art show in Whistler village and it was very busy and a different crowd then I am used to at art exhibits I normally am involved with.
-I had one day off to recover and then on Monday night at Maxx Fish nightclub in Whistler Village was an event called PechaKucha .    It was a super fun night,   the rest of the presenters were awesome,   I had a blast showing my photos and talking to the sold out crowd.    If you have a chance to go to a PechaKucha event I really think you should.    My buddy Randoid taped my talk,   and if I can figure out how to put that and a slideshow online, on this blog I will.  
-the rest of my time will be spent working at Black Ohm Tattoos until Friday when I will be busy setting up a MASSIVE space for Blind Mute Productions annual art exhibit,  this years' is called "la Violenta Tormenta de Arte"   it's a mexican wrestling art show/party.   where we have 30+ artists (local and international) showcasing their artworks.  Nelson's own YAN ZOMBIE will be spinning tunes as well as Squamish's LIBRARIAN and Victorias JAKE "DESTRO" SPADE and Whistler's RUSS-2-FARI.  
-Monday is the HotDOg party at the GLC ,  12 hours of fun times.   Maybe see you there for a bit.  starts at 12 noon.
  What a festival so far...   can't wait till next years  

No comments:

Post a Comment