copyright 1998 dave petko

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happenings...

    With winter in full force in Whistler,  I have been getting out some with Vinnie dog , we have been snowshoeing up and down mountains on our days off work.   Vince has such long hair he gets little balls of snow stuck all over his legs and stomach.  It's pretty hilarious to see,  he walks like he's bowlegged.
  Tattooing is slow yet steady,  no surprises there.    I am almost caught up on my drawings and am waiting to do some inking on my clients.    If you are thinking of getting tattooed com eon down to Black Ohm Tattoos and speak to me.     
    I was invited to participate in the "State of the ART" art exhibit during the World Ski and Snowboard Festival in Whistler this April.   I have been busy painting and making art for that.   I was given a 8 foot x 8 foot wall space to hang my art and to customize if I wish.    I have a pretty good idea as to what I'm going to do;  I actually have a couple ideas as to what I'm going to do,   now the tough part...  deciding on one.
    My company Blind Mute Productions,  which I co-own with a couple friends of mine,   is getting ready with our annual art show/party,   also taking place during the World Ski and Snowboard Festival.   Artists have been invited,  the musical entertainment picked,   it's going to be a great time.   We are hoping to bring the whole exhibit to  Vancouver and then Victoria.   It's going to be an awesome summer.  
    At the end of this month I am going to do a guest artist spot tattooing at PINZ Boardshop in Revelstoke BC.   If you're in Revelstoke the last week of March stop in and say hi.    I hear they have been getting DUMPED on there.   The snowboarding and skiing is going to be sick!!

 That's all my news for now,  take care and stay warm this winter....   I am getting pumped for biking season and warmer weather,  it's right around the corner
D

No comments:

Post a Comment